Use us (be nice ☺)
Supporting our community means a lot to us. Some people would say that making great beer is enough of a community service. Maybe so. But we like to do more.
Taphouse Tip Jar
Around here, we do the tipping.
It’s something we started on the day we opened. And a decade or so later, we’re rapidly heading towards a total of $100,000 cash contributed to worthy groups throughout our community.
Every month, we choose a local club or not-for-profit group as the recipient of our Taphouse tip jar. And because we like to keep things relatively uncomplicated, we fill the jar. That means $1,000. Every month.
Just by choosing to hang out over a beer in our Taphouse, you are helping us to fill the jar. No need to even tip. Feels pretty good hey? Here’s who we are supporting this month.
If you are involved with a local club or not-for-profit group that is a worthy of consideration as a Taphouse tip jar beneficiary, contact us and let us know why!
Beer and Prize Donations / Event Sponsorships
Before you apply … we receive many requests of assistance for great causes – there are a lot of you out there doing amazing things! Of course we can’t support everything and everyone, but we do our best to share the love.
To ensure your expectations of Burleigh Brewing are realistic, here are some tips before you complete our beer or prize donation request form:
• The more notice we have (at least 90 days is preferable), the more likely we are able to factor your request into our promotional budgets and product demand. Cash contributions are limited to our Taphouse tip jar project. Outside of that, beer or Taphouse vouchers are our currency.
• Having read our website, you’ll appreciate that our high standards mean our beer is expensive to make. We also fork over approx $15 per carton in cash (liquor excise) directly to the tax man every time we give away a carton. So providing large quantities of free beer is simply not possible. We can however offer promotional pricing to appropriate events.
• If our product will be the exclusive beer at your event, the more likely we will be able to consider participating. Keep in mind that depending on the location of your event, transport may be an issue. If you are unable to organise collection from the brewery, there may be delivery costs involved.
• Due to the number of requests we receive we are generally not able to support corporate events or third-party fundraising organisations.
• If your event will be held at a licensed venue, please contact the venue before submitting our online form, to confirm there is no restriction on them serving our beers (eg them charging you a corkage fee or similar).
• From time to time, we partner on a larger scale with events that speak to our Burleigh Brewing ethos. Bleach Festival, the Gold Coast Music Awards, Gold Coast Film Festival, the Currumbin Wildlife Hospital, the Gold Coast Business Excellence Awards and the like. If you think you + Burleigh Brewing would make a great partnership, please let us know why.
If your local initiative meets our criteria, and you’d like to request our support, please complete our online form below and we’ll give your application our full consideration. Thanks!